Home » FAQs 1-2-1 Injury and Pain Psychology Support
Frequently Asked Questions: 1-2-1 Injury and Pain Psychology Support
Can you guarantee that you will fix my injury and pain?
No. Injury and pain can be complex. Pain education and psychology (the correct beliefs, thoughts, beliefs and behaviour changes) are important for recovery and can be used alone to promote good management and recovery. Sometimes, accurate information and continued support from your GP, physio, etc, is also needed. But, we cannot guarantee that the injury or pain will resolve as you’d like. In particular, the longer you’ve had pain, the longer it takes to retrain the brain and the more patience, persistence and courage is needed.
We can guarantee that we will work hard to understand you, and use research and good practice to support you to your best outcome.
What Can I Do To Help The Support Process?
Be actively involved, patient, persistent and courageous.
In your support session, you’ll need to reflect and be honest about:
- Your experiences of having injury/pain.
- The changes that you are willing to make and how best to commit to them.
- Progress made.
After support sessions, you’ll need to commit to making changes.
Video call or face-to-face coaching? Which is best for me?
Easy to access wherever you have a good working internet connection, the necessary equipment and Zoom. Video call support is an effective, viable option to face-to-face support.
Face-to-face support enables a more personal and detailed interaction: This is particularly useful when we’re working together to personalise your support plan. After the Starter Consultation, we can also offer longer support sessions, e.g., 1/2 or full day.
We come to your office or club during normal hours to ensure everyone feels safe: This is often valued by those who want confidentiality.
Please Get in Touch to discuss how we can best support you. Cost depends on session length and our travel: We are based in the SE England.
What do I need for a video call?
You need a good internet connection and any equipment to ensure we can see and hear you properly, e.g., microphone/headphones/camera.
This is because seeing and hearing each other enables us to build rapport and provide quality support.
Sessions are via the Zoom link included in your booking confirmation email: You don’t need a personal Zoom account.
Please note, we’re unable to refund sessions that we can’t hold or are restricted because we’re not able to see or hear you. Further information is in our T&Cs of Purchase: 1-2-1 Support
Do you work alongside other health professionals?
Physical Health Professionals
Yes. With your written permission, we can work alongside physical health professionals, e.g., your GP, pain management consultant or physiotherapist, to help you get integrated support.
Sometimes we need to know more about your physical condition to ensure our support is appropriate and complementary. In this case, and with your permission, we will contact your physical health professional to gain their written advice.
Mental Health Professionals
We do not work alongside other mental health professionals. So if you’re currently receiving therapy for your mental health, we can support you once your therapy programme has finished.
How do I pay? How do I change or cancel my booking time?
Single Support Sessions
– Video call:
- You pay online at the time of booking.
- You can change or cancel a booking using the link sent in your confirmation email. You will receive a full refund as long as you do this at least 3 days before the time/date your booking was due to start*.
– Face-to-face support:
- We will invoice you for the full amount. Fees should be paid by electronic bank transfer to L&M Consulting Ltd at least 3 full days prior to the first session*. Electronic payment advice is provided on the invoice
- You can change or cancel a booking via Get in Touch**. If you’ve already paid, you will receive a full refund as long as you tell us at least 3 days before the time/date your booking was due to start*.
Support programme cancellation only
You can cancel the remainder of a programme via Get in Touch**. Any support session that has already occurred or that was due to occur within the next 3 days* will be charged at:
- Video-call: The cost of an individual follow-up session at the time of booking.
- Face-to-face: The cost of an individual follow-up session at the time of booking and any incurred fees as agreed in advance for each session.
The remainder of the programme fee will be refunded.
- If you would like to change or cancel a booking, please tell us as soon as possible so that we can give your time slot to someone else.
- You will not be refunded for missed appointments or if a change/cancellation occurs within 3 days*.
- *An example of our ‘3 days’ change/cancellation period: For a 10am Thursday booking, you would need to make the change/cancellation by 10am the Monday before.
- **Where we ask you to inform us of a change/cancellation by email, the time/date of your instruction will be taken as that on the email.
- We make every effort to issue any refund by the end of the next working day (Monday to Friday) and a confirmation email will be sent to the email address linked to your account. Please note that Stripe, our payment platform, can take up to 10 working days to process a refund.
- Please read our T&Cs of Purchase: 1-2-1 Support before you book any service.
Are our sessions confidential?
Yes. Whatever you say in your sessions is private and confidential. Confidentiality will only be broken when:
- We are required to do so by law.
- We have serious and immediate concerns that you are a risk to yourself or others.
- You have given us permission to discuss specific information with other health care professionals who are helping you.
Can you help my organisation with injury and pain psych support?
Absolutely. We can help your organisation:
- Give high quality support to individuals with injury or pain.
- Help its staff to better understand and reduce injury and pain through training for; everyone, those with injury or pain, managers, and HR.
- Research their injury and pain-related questions.
- Develop a culture and practices that prevent work-related injury and pain.
Can you provide a psychological assessment for court proceedings or compensation claims?
No, as this is a support service. If you are seeking a psychological assessment for these purposes, we advise you to contact the main psychological association within your country for a register of qualified psychologists who can assess your situation. Within the UK, please go to the British Psychological Society Website or Tel: 0116 254 9568.