Home » T&Cs of Purchase: 1-2-1 Support
Terms and Conditions Of Purchase: One-to-One Support
These are the Terms and Conditions of Purchase for the One-to-One Support services of L&M Consulting Limited. Information is presented in the following sections:
These Terms and Conditions of Purchase set out the terms that apply when You purchase any of Our One-to-One Support services as advertised on Our website. It incorporates Your reading, understanding and signing of the Informed Consent document as specific to Our service that You purchase.
We agree to provide any of Our services to You in return for a fee subject to the terms set out in these Terms and Conditions of Purchase which forms the agreement between You and Us.
These Terms and Conditions of Purchase includes the entire understanding between You and Us and replace any previous arrangements We may have had with You unless specifically stated otherwise. Except for those terms implied by law, which cannot be excluded and any other terms specifically incorporated by reference, no other terms apply.
By participating in any of Our services, You indicate that You consent to these Terms and Conditions of Purchase in full and have given Your Informed Consent.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PURCHASE AND DO NOT GIVE YOUR INFORMED CONSENT YOU SHOULD NOT PATRICIPATE IN OUR ONE-TO-ONE SUPPORT SERVICES.
Please note that We alter these Terms and Conditions of Purchase from time to time, and You must review this document before each purchase. This document was last changed on 27th January 2023.
The definitions of these Terms and Conditions of Purchase are as incorporated within the Terms and Conditions of Use unless specifically defined herein.
3. Who We support
Our services are for adults 18+ and young people (aged 16+ with primary care-giver consent) who are:
- Without any mental health concern* for which someone would normally seek support from a GP or Qualified Health Professional, who are not awaiting or currently receiving therapy for mental health, and are not considered a vulnerable adult/young person.
- Who are based in, and will access the service from, the UK or Ireland.
- Who are able to speak and understand fluent English.
*Please see here for examples of mental health concerns and what to do if you have these concerns.
Injury and Pain Psychology: 1-2-1 Support Only – In addition to the above, those:
- Whose injury or pain is musculoskeletal in origin (e.g.: not due to a disease of the muscles, bones or joints; cancer; or generalised hypermobility conditions).
- Who are ready to think about their injury or pain and to make changes to help.
4. Under 18s only…
We can support aged 16 and 17 year olds after:
- The young person and their Primary Care-giver have both attended a free online chat with Caroline Marlow to discuss the support and the support boundaries. This will enable Us to decide whether Our support is suitable for the young person.
- The Primary Care-giver has received, electronically signed, and returned a copy of the Informed Consent and L&M’s Terms and Conditions of Purchase to Us. Please note, this will include accepting our Terms of Confidentiality as set out in the Informed Consent.
If the Primary Care-giver gives permission, the young person can then attend online support sessions alone. (Please note, all L&M consultants working with under 18s have Enhanced DBS.)
5. Provision of information by You
The quality and success of Our services is reliant upon the information that You provide to Us.
In this regard, You agree that you can speak and understand fluent English, and You agree to provide Us with:
- Accurate and complete information in response to any questions which We may ask of You either; in writing, via a video call or face-to-face.
- Any information which could reasonably be expected to be relevant to the situation for which you are receiving support or Your psychological wellbeing.
6. Using Our Services
The success of Our services are reliant upon Your engagement with Our service.
To do this, it is important that You:
- Are actively involved in deciding which methods will work best for You and to commit to putting them into action. As appropriate, We will provide education and support options to help You make informed decisions.
- Provide Us with Your feedback throughout the process, particularly when asked to do so by your Consultant.
Do not: make any choices of how to proceed with support, implement any changes, or act on any of Our recommendations unless You fully understand it. Ask any questions before making support choices, implementing changes, or acting on recommendations provided by Us.
7. Your Provision of Our support to third parties
You must not provide any aspect of Our support, e.g., education, discussed support methods or recommendations, to any other person for their use or otherwise. We assume no duty of care in relation to any third party.
8. Support format, costings and payment
Self Pay Clients Only
All 1-2-1 support starts with a Starter Consultation of an 1 hour. All further support sessions are optional and last for 1 hour.
- Online support only: Sessions will be charged at the rate advertised on Our website at the time of booking. Bookings are made through the electronic booking system Acuity Scheduling via links from Our website.
- Face-to-face support only: Sessions will be arranged for a mutually convenient time and location. Sessions will be charged at the online rate advertised on Our website at the time of booking and additional room costs, travel time and travel costs will be added. On Your written agreement of the full cost and acceptance of Our Terms and Conditions of Use, We will invoice You for the full amount. Fees should be paid by electronic bank transfer to L&M Consulting Ltd at least 3 days prior to the first session. Electronic payment advice is provided on the invoice.
- Additional support: Working with Your support network/other Qualified Health Professionals: The support format, expectation of Our input and charges will be discussed between all parties and agreed in writing in advance. On Your written agreement of the full cost and of Our Terms and Conditions of Use, We will invoice You for the full amount. Fees should be paid by electronic bank transfer to L&M Consulting Ltd at least 3 days prior to the first session. Electronic payment advice is provided on the invoice.
- Alternative support formats (Only available after the completion of at least 1 ‘Pay-As-You-Go’ support session, or for Injury and Pain Psychology clients, only those who have purchased or completed one of Our 6 session support programmes): The support format and charges will be discussed between both parties and agreed in writing in advance. On Your written agreement of the full cost and of Our Terms and Conditions of Use, We will invoice You for the full amount. Fees should be paid by electronic bank transfer to L&M Consulting Ltd at least 3 days prior to the first session. Electronic payment advice is provided on the invoice.
Health Insurance Cover Clients Only
All sessions are 1 hour. The number of sessions you can receive within your health insurance cover will be in accordance with your policy and MUST be pre-authorised by your insurer. All bookings for online support are made through the electronic booking system Acuity Scheduling via links from Our website.
Please note: Alas, your insurance company will not cover you, if you:
- Have support without gaining pre-authorisation/a legitimate pre-authorisation number from them.
- Your policy runs out of date before/during your support.
- Incur any additional, non-covered fees (e.g., additional face-to-face support costs).
- You cancel or change the time of booked session within our cancellation period, i.e., less than 3 days before the time your session starts.
- For any policy excess fees.
In these instances, L&M will invoice you directly at our current self-funded client rate.
9. SMS/Email communications consent
We will ask you to provide an email address and phone number at the time of booking to ensure smooth future communications between us. If You have booked an online support session, We will use these to send You booking reminders and to communicate with You about Your Support. If You do not want to receive communications by either SMS or email, please Get in Touch or e-mail us email@example.com to tell Us as early as possible.
10. Video call consent and specifications – what You will need (video call services only)
You agree to have the following in place to enable Us to provide You with Our video call support services:
- Good working Internet connection.
- Necessary microphone / headphones / camera or similar equipment.
- Access to Zoom video communications platform unless We have agreed with You to use a different application or platform.
- Adequate lighting without glare.
We do not accept any liability in the event that You are unable to comply with the Specifications set out above.
We also recommend that throughout any support session that You are in a private, comfortable space where You cannot be overheard.
11. Cancellation policy and Changing a booking
Single Support Sessions: You can change or cancel a video call booking using the link sent in your confirmation email, and a face-to-face booking via Get in Touch or Our e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org*. You will receive a full refund as long as you do this at least 3 days before the time/date your booking was due to start**.
Support programme cancellation only (1-2-1 Injury & Pain Psychology Support only): You can cancel the remainder of a programme by Get in Touch or Our e-mail email@example.com*. Any support session that has already occurred or that was due to occur within the next 3 days** will be charged at:
- Video call: The cost of an individual follow-up session at the time of booking.
- Face-to-face: The session costs and any incurred fees as agreed in advance for each session.
The remainder of the programme fee will be refunded.
Health Insurance Clients
You can change or cancel an online booking using the link sent in your confirmation email as long as you do this at least 3 days before the time/date your booking was due to start**. Any support cancelled within the 3 day cancellation period will not be covered by your Health Insurance Provider. In these instances, L&M will invoice you directly at our current self-funded client rate.
ALL CLIENTS & SUPPORT FORMATS
- If you would like to change or cancel a booking, please tell us as soon as possible so that we can give your time slot to someone else.
- You will not be refunded for missed appointments or if a change/cancellation occurs within 3 days*.
- *Where we ask you to inform us of a change/cancellation by email, the time/date of your instruction will be taken as that on the email.
- **An example of our ‘3 days’ change/cancellation period: For a 10am Thursday booking, you would need to make the change/cancellation by 10am the Monday before.
- Self-paying only: Any refund will be issued by the end of the next working day (Monday to Friday) and a confirmation email will be sent to the email address linked to your account. Please note that payment platforms (e.g., Stripe) can take up to 10 working days to process a refund.
You will not be refunded for missed appointments.
12. Refund policy
If for any reason Your delivered service does not conform to the UK Sale of Goods Act of 1979 as amended, We will be happy to issue a credit or refund to the payee.
13. Suitability of Our services
We reserve the right to terminate these Terms and Conditions of Purchase: One-to-One Support at any time for any reasons, which may include:
- Limitations of Our insurance.
- Your breach of any of the terms associated with Our services.
- Your non-compliance with the Video call consent and specifications (Video Call Support only – see above)
- Where We have evaluated Your situation and We believe that We are unable to provide acceptable support.
… in which case We will not provide Our services to You.
We will endeavour to provide You with a full explanation with recommendations (where possible) and refund the fee for the current session and any fee paid in advance except in the event of Your breach or non-compliance of any of Our terms including, but not limited to, these Terms and Conditions of Purchase: One-to-One-Support.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage (in contract negligence or otherwise) where:
- There is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to You by Us.
- The loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach.
- Any loss or damage or increased risk of loss or damage results from a breach or non-compliance by You of Our terms including but not limited to these Terms and Conditions of Purchase: One-to-One Support such as You providing inaccurate or incomplete information.
In particular, We are not liable for:
- Any loss of physical function.
- Any loss of Your psychological and emotional well-being.
- Any loss of income or anticipated profits.
- Any loss of opportunity.
- Loss of goodwill or injury to reputation.
- Losses suffered by third parties.
- Any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Our services, regardless of the form of action.
To the extent that We are not able to exclude Our liability to You in accordance with the applicable law, We limit Our liability to the re-performance of the relevant service, or a full refund unless We specifically agree with You otherwise.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Purchase: One-to-One Support excludes or limits Our liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Purchase: One-to-One Support affects Your statutory rights.
15. Use of Our services outside of the United Kingdom
You will inform Us if you intend to access and use Our services from outside of the United Kingdom and/or consider yourself to reside outside of the United Kingdom.
IMPORTANT Injury and Pain Psychology One-to-One Support Only: We make no claims or representations that Our Injury and Pain Psychology One-to-One Support services may be lawfully used outside the United Kingdom. Unless otherwise expressly stated or agreed, this service is directed solely at Clients who are based in and who access the service from within the United Kingdom. If You choose to access or use Our Injury and Pain Psychology One-to-One Support service from outside of the United Kingdom You do so at Your own risk.
16. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions of Purchase: One-to-One Support and all the documents incorporated herein are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
16. Further questions